Monday 31 December 2012

Category page compete

After plenty of coffees and caffeine drinks I finally added the category page. Theres still some issues with the HTML coding but it seems to work well in all the major browsers, Just the older ones that don't seem to like it. To save time coding the php for now I just add all the category picture into one table data <td> which stuggles rendering with IE compatibility view. I will get back to it and use a while loop(php) to seperate the images but for now everything seems to work.

I Spent most of the time on the clickable picture links which if I do say so myself they are rather cute. In all I created 15 different categories, but I've coded the php to allow room for more with minimum changes and in little or no time at all.



It was quite a struggle thinking of which genres I should include. All the other site which I visited to get inspiration had many many categories and genres, I think many of the time were way to much. From my point of view I've selected the correct ones.
All it will take for me to add another category is adding a entry to this array.

$category = array("funny","epic fails",
                  "kids","animals",
                  "WTF","party",
                  "sports","cool",
                  "photoshop","celebs",
                  "memes","cute",
                  "sexy","geeky",
                  "texts");

No comments:

Post a Comment